Do you ever feel like you need a little change in perspective? Like you're viewing everything a little sideways? I've been feeling that a lot lately: I've been more negative about myself and about everything around me. I want my old self back! So, I am taking steps to change my thinking and additude. First step is to intentionally practice gratitude.
Here are some things that I am great full for this week.
- that pistachios have such a great texture
- the way the little dog rests his chin on my arm when he's snuggling
- that it is warm today - but not too warm
- that there are still vibrant leaves on some of the trees in my neighborhood
- that I smelled baked apples walking down the street
- the color mustard yellow makes me feel calm and reminds me of my friend, Bobby.
- that the coffee shop is playing music from the little miss sunshine soundtrack
- i had a wonderful conversation about cultural bias with a stranger at the coffe shop. It ended in him giving me a pep talk that warmed my soul and inspired me to be better
- the stranger with whom I conversed
- frozen pizza is easy and delicious
- that I was able to get a few things done today: set up a shelf in my office, throw some things away
- that my coworkers made me feel included and valued in conversation
- that some of my students today gave me high fives and said they had lots of fun
- my wonderful friends in the wedding industry and how supportive they are of my business
- that my husband distracts me when I have negative, repetive thoughts - even if it's time to go to sleep
- that butter, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a pan makes something so delicious and comforting
- comfort food in general
- gold ink for soothing my soul
- for my father for working on the house with us during his free time, all the time
- for the worker at Lowes for helping me to find what I needed with a smile
- that I could finally force myself to make a decision on the paint color for the laundry room
- that the color actually looks good
- that my coworker invited me to a yoga class taking place at a brewery
- for my coworker for thinking of me and saving me a space near the front of class
- For the yoga instructor for giving a great class and focusing the class on compassion for oneself
- that despite having not practiced for about 3 years, I did pretty well.